Saturday, July 25, 2015

Review: NewAir AF-1000B Portable Evaporative Cooler


So seriously... It's HOT where I live.  While I'm still a California girl, I left the beaches behind and headed out to the desert climate of the California Central Valley - home of high temperatures and poor air quality.  Air conditioning is expensive and my family is doing everything we can to conserve energy, while still keeping our family comfortable in the 100°F+ weather we're having this summer.

Due to our poor air quality, a lot of times we're stuck inside and it's important, especially with an infant in the house, that we stay cool.  That means that our new evaporative cooler from NewAir (the AF-1000B) is our new best friend.

The cooler uses water and/or ice, in combination with an osculating fan, to cool medium-sized rooms.  As a self-proclaimed "Eco Mom" this fan is a dream because I don't need to worry about weird chemicals that might be present in other portable coolers - it uses WATER!  So on top of this cooler working amazingly well, it's ecofriendly too.

Extra bonuses?  It comes fully assembled (you literally just need to plug it in) and you can use it in "fan only" mode if you'd prefer to not add water.  You also have the option to have the fan stationary or osculating, depending on your needs.  While I feel like a cheesy used car salesman being 100% positive on this thing, I seriously love it.  We keep it next to our TV in the living room and it's allowed us to turn off our air conditioning unit in favor for a less energy-consuming fan.

Here's a few photo's of the cooler- I love that it's black and matches a lot of my furniture... but if you're looking for something more flashy, it also comes in red!







I did quick video to show you guys how easy this amazing cooler is to use.  You'll also hear how quiet it is - I turned it on right next to my dog, who was sleeping (as dog's tend to do) - my dog is a rescue and sudden noise seriously startles him... This fan/cooler?  So quiet, he barely noticed.  Check it out:




http://topmommyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment